Sebi plans to implement one-hour settlement of trades by March 2024
- The Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi) is planning to implement one-hour trade settlement by March 2024 as announced by SEBI chairperson Madhabi Puri Buch.
- In January 2023, India moved to T+1 settlement (trade plus one day) against T+2 settlement earlier.
- Further SEBI plans to bring into effect real-time settlement by the second half of the financial year FY25.
Points to remember:
- SEBI plans to reduce the trade settlement time by March 2024 to what duration?- 1 hour
- Who is the chairperson of SEBI?- Madhabi Puri Buch.
Source: Business Standard