Sindhutai Sapkal popular as ‘Mother of Orphans’ passes Away
- Social worker Sindhutai Sapkal, who was called as ‘Mother of Orphans’ passed away on January 04, 2022 at the age of 73 years due to heart attack. She was also referred to just as ‘Sindhutai’ or ‘Mai’
- Sindhutai Sapkal was awarded the Padma Shri in 2021 in the Social Work category. Apart from this, she had received more than 750 awards and honours in her lifetime. She adopted close to 2,000 orphans and is grandmother to even more.
- She was from Maharashtra. A biopic on her life titled “Mee Sindhutai Sapkal“ was released in the year 2010.
Points to remember:
- Sindhutai Sapkal profession?- Social Worker
- Sindhutai Sapkal had won the Padma Shri award in which year/ which category?- 2021/ social work category
- Name of biopic on Sindhutai Sapkal?
- Who was known as ‘Mother of Orphans’ who passed away recently?- Sindhutai Sapkal