Singapore’s T Raja Kumar appointed as next President of FATF
- T. Raja Kumar of Singapore has been appointed as the next President of Financial Action Task Force (FATF).
- He will assume office with effect from July 01, 2022. for a fixed period of two-year term.
- Mr. Kumar will replace Dr. Marcus Pleyer of Germany.
- T. Raja Kumar is the current Head of Singapore’s delegation to the FATF since 2015.
- This will be the first time that Singapore is taking on the Presidency of FATF, since becoming its member in 1992.
- The FATF is the global money laundering and terrorism financing watchdog. Its headquarter is based at Paris, France.
Points to Remember:
- Who has been appointed as the new President of FATF?
- Headquarter of FATF?