Third National Youth Parliament Festival (NYPF) begins in New Delhi
- The third edition of the National Youth Parliament Festival (NYPF) has been organised jointly by Lok Sabha Secretariat and the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports on March 10 and 11, 2022, in the Central Hall of Parliament, New Delhi.
- Union Sports Minister Anurag Thakur will address the inaugural session of NYPF on March 10, while the Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla will address the valedictory function on March 11.
- The objective of the NYPF is to hear the voice of the youth, between 18 and less than 25 years of age, who will join various careers in coming years, including public services..
- The top three National level youth winners will get an opportunity to speak before the Lok Sabha Speaker during the valedictory function.
- The 3rd NYPF was launched at district level on 14th February 2022 through virtual mode in which more than 2.44 lakh youth participated. This was followed by State Youth Parliaments through virtual mode from February 23 to 27, 2022.
- Overall 87 winners (62 Female and 25 Male) from district and state level YPF will now participate in NYPF 2022.
- National Youth Parliament provide a platform for the youth to voice their thoughts opinions and dreams for the country and enable the youth to voice their concerns and local problems.
Points to Remember:
- In 2022, which edition of NYPF has been organised?
- NYPF is organized by which ministry?