- The United Kingdom has closed the UK’s Tier 1 investor visa, also known as the golden visa to all new applicants from all nationalities with immediate effect over security concerns.
- The announcement was made by UK Home Secretary Priti Patel. The UK Investment Visa is a Tier 1 visa offered to wealthy individuals willing to invest a minimum of £2 million in the UK.
- In another event, Bahrain has launched the creation of long-term visas for foreigners in an effort to “boost the economy”. It will be known as the “golden residence” Visa.
Points to remember:
- Which country has closed its Tier 1 investor visa (Golden Visa)?- UK
- Who is the Home Secretary of the UK?- Priti Patel
Source: economic times