UN projects India GDP at 6.5% in FY22 and 5.9% in FY23
- The GDP growth forecast of India in fiscal 2022 is estimated to grow at 6.5 percent as per the United Nations World Economic Situation and Prospects (WESP) 2022 report. Earlier this was estimated at 8.4%.
- The WESP is a flagship report produced by the UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UN-DESA).
- UN has projected the growth rate for the fiscal 2023 (FY 2022-2023) at 5.9 percent.
- On a calendar year basis UN has projected India’s GDP as follows:
- 2021 – 9 percent
- 2022 – 6.7 percent
- 2023 – 6.1 percent
- Globally, the economy is projected to grow at:
- 2021 – 5.5 percent
- 2022 – 4.0 percent
- 2023 – 3.5 percent
Source: Economic Times
Points to Remember:
- GDP growth rate of India in FY22 and FY23 as per UN
- GDP growth rate of India in CY 2022 and CY 2023 as per UN
- World Economic Situation and Prospects (WESP) is produced by which body?