Skip to content
Visit of 10-member Indian Parliamentary Goodwill Delegation to Uruguay led by Shri Pralhad Joshi, Minister of Parliamentary Affairs
- A 10-member Indian Parliamentary Goodwill Delegation visited to Uruguay from 14-17 June 2023 with the objective of strengthening and deepening of bilateral relations between two democracies.
- The multi-party delegation was led by Shri Pralhad Joshi, Union Minister of Parliamentary Affairs, Coal & Mines.
- The other nine Members of Parliament, including from both chambers
- Shri Sanjay Seth, Smt. Gomati Sai, Shri Hemant Patil, Shri CN Annadurai, Dr Gurumoorthy Maddila and Ms Chandrani Murmu (From Lok Sabha)
- Ms Indu Bala Goswami, Shri Dineshchandra Avavadiya and Shri Neeraj Dangi (From Rajya Sabha).
- The delegation also included Shri G Srinivas, Secretary, Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs.
- The previous visit of Indian parliamentary delegation to Uruguay was in 2012 led by the then Speaker, Lok Sabha.
- Prior to this, the 10-member delegation visited Brazil from June 11 to 13, 2023. It must be noted that India and Brazil are celebrating 75th-anniversary of diplomatic relations this year.