World Bank approves USD 125 million loan to West Bengal to support poor and and vulnerable groups
- The World Bank has sanctioned a loan worth $125 million (about Rs. 1,000 crore) to the government of West Bengal to support its effort to help the poor and vulnerable groups access social protection services.
- The loan has been provided under the ‘West Bengal Building State Capability for Inclusive Social Protection’ operation, on January 19, 2022.
- The financial assistance will help the state administration to improve services such as medical help through telemedicine, support for the elderly and differently-abled, financial inclusion of citizens with digital payments and disbursement of benefits for public schemes.
Points to remember:
- Which financial organisation has approved loan of Rs 1000 cr for West Bengal govt to support poor in getting social protection services?
- How much amount has been sanctioned by World Bank for West Bengal Building State Capability for Inclusive Social Protection?
- World Bank Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States
- President: David Malpass