PM Modi virtually addresses One Ocean Summit held under the leadership of France
- The One Ocean Summit was held from February 9 to 11, 2022, in Brest, France, in Hybrid format, under the chairmanship of Fench President Emmanuel Macron.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi also addressed the One Ocean Summit through a video message on February 11, 2022.
- The One Ocean Summit was organised by France in cooperation with the United Nations and the World Bank.
- The main objective of the Summit was to bring together the international community to take concrete action towards preserving and supporting healthy and sustainable ocean ecosystems.
- It must be remembered that the United Nations has declared the decade between 2021 and 2030 as the ‘Decade of Ocean Science for Sustainable Development’ to raise awareness and restore declining marine life.
- The summit marked the first major event taking place during the decade dedicated to the ocean.
Source: Zee News
Points to Remember:
- Which country hosted the One Ocean Summit 2022?
- One Ocean Summit 2022 was held in which city? Brest