Assets under management for ESG funds rose 2.5 times to USD 650 mn in FY21: Nasscom
- IT industry body Nasscom has informed that the Assets under management for Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Funds in India increased 2.5 times to USD 650 million in financial year 2021 on an annual basis.
- The assets under management for ESG funds in 2020 was USD 275 million.
- ESG funds : funds whose asset allocation includes shares and bonds of those companies that are evaluated based on the factors of environmental, social, and governance to assess their sustainability.
Points to Remember:
- Value of Assets under management for Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Funds in India in 2021?
- Nasscom President – Debjani Ghosh
Source: Business Standard
Assets under management (AUM) is the total market value of the investments that a person or entity handles on behalf of investors.
ESG Investing as the consideration of environmental, social and governance factors alongside financial factors in the investment.