Skip to content
CRPF Observes 84th Raising Day on March 25, 2023 in Chhattisgarh
- The 84th Raising Day of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) was organised at Bastar in Chhattisgarh on March 25, 2023.
- It is for the first time that CRPF’s annual celebration was held in a Naxal-affected area.
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah attended the event, at Karanpur camp of the 201st battalion of the Commando Battalion for Resolute Action (CoBRA), an elite anti-Naxal unit of the CRPF.
- The CRPF is country’s largest Central Armed Police Force (CAPF), with about 3.25 lakh personnel.
- It works under the authority of the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA). Its headquarter is located in New Delhi.
- It is designated as the lead national internal security force in India, with three main domains.
- They are: Left Wing Extremism (LWE), counter-insurgency operations in the Northeast and counter-terrorist operations in Jammu and Kashmir.