Skip to content
ISRO’s LVM3 rocket successfully launches 36 OneWeb satellites into orbit
- The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) launch vehicle, LVM3, successfully placed 36 satellites belonging to OneWeb Group Company into their intended orbit on March 26, 2023.
- This was the sixth consecutive successful flight of LVM3, ISRO’s heaviest rocket, belonging to OneWeb.
- The 43.5 metres tall and 643 tonnes heavy LVM3, lifted off from the second launch pad at SDSC-SHAR, Sriharikota, with a total payload of 5,805 kg.
- With the success of this launch, NewSpace India Limited (NSIL) has successfully executed its contract to launch 72 satellites of OneWeb to Low Earth Orbit.
- The Network Access Associates Limited, United Kingdom (OneWeb Group Company) had entered into a commercial agreement with NSIL to launch 72 satellites to Low-Earth Orbits.
- This was the second mission under this agreement. The first set of 36 satellites was launched in LVM3-M2/OneWeb India-1 mission on October 23, 2022.
- This mission also marked OneWeb’s second satellite deployment from India.
- It was the 18th launch of OneWeb, bringing the total OneWeb’s constellation to 618 satellites