Skip to content
- Daily News
- France takes over EU Presidency for six months from January 2022
France takes over EU Presidency for six months from January 2022
- France has assumed the rotating presidency of the Council of the European Union with effect from January 01, 2022.
- The country will continue to hold the EU presidency for the next six months till June 30, 2022.
- This is the 13th time that France has taken over the rotating presidency.
- The motto of France as EU President is “recovery, strength, belonging.”
- France will work to place the continent’s digitization and climate protection at the forefront.
- The presidency of EU rotates every six months among the member states of the 27-nation bloc.
- Upon the completion of six months presidency, France will be replaced by the Czech Republic.