IIT Madras and NIOT jointly organises OCEANS 2022 Conference virtually
- The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras and the National Institute of Ocean Technology (NIOT), Chennai, jointly organised the OCEANS 2022 Conference and Exposition, from February 21-24, 2022 in hybrid mode in Chennai.
- The bi-annual conference was held for the first time in India. The theme of the event was “inspire-innovate-sustain”.
- It was co-sponsored by the Institution of Electrical and Electronics Engineering Ocean Engineering Society (IEEE OES) and Marine Technology Society (MTS).
- The conference provided a platform for global maritime professionals to learn, innovate, and lead in the protection and utilisation of the world’s largest natural resource, which is ‘oceans’.
Points to Remember:
- The first edition of OCEANS 2022 Conference and Exposition was held in which city?
- OCEANS 2022 Conference and Exposition was organised by NIOT jointly with which institution? IIT Madras
- Theme of OCEANS 2022 Conference and Exposition
- NIOT location- Chennai
Source: The Hindu