Skip to content
- Daily News
- IMF slashes India’s GDP forecast for FY23 to 7.4% and FY24 to 6.1%
IMF slashes India’s GDP forecast for FY23 to 7.4% and FY24 to 6.1%
- The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has cut the gross domestic product (GDP) growth forecast for Indian economy in the current financial year FY23 by 80 basis points to 7.4 percent.
- Earlier this was estimated at 8.20 percent.
- Similarly, IMF has also slashed India’s growth forecast for FY24 at 6.1 percent as against 6.9 percent earlier.
- Summary of GDP forecast by IMF
- 2022-23 – 7.4%
- 2023-24 – 6.1%