PM Modi honoured with inaugural Lata Deenanath Mangeshkar Award
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has been named for the inaugural Lata Deenanath Mangeshkar Award, instituted in the honour and memory of Legendary singer Late Lata Mangeshkar, who passed away in February 2022 following multiple organ failure.
- PM Modi has been chosen for the inaugural award for his selfless service to the nation and society.
- PM will receive the award on April 24, 2022 at the Master Deenanath Mangeshkar Awards ceremony, which marks the 80th death anniversary of Master Deenanath Mangeshkar, father of Lata Ji.
- From this year, the Lata Deenanath Mangeshkar Puraskar will be given every year to only one individual who has made path-breaking, spectacular and exemplary contributions to the nation, its people and society.
- Other awardees who will be felicitated at the Master Deenanath Mangeshkar Awards are
- Veteran actors Asha Parekh and Jackie Shroff – Master Deenanath Puraskar (special honour)
- Rahul Deshpande – Master Deenanath Puraskar for Indian music.
- Sanjay Chaya – Master Deenanath Puraskar for the best drama.
- Nutan Mumbai tiffin box suppliers charity trust – Master Deenanath Puraskar (Anandmayee Puraskar)
Source: The Hindu