Union Minister Sarbananda Sonowal inaugurates ‘Nikarshan Sadan’ Dredging Museum in Visakhapatnam
- The Union Minister for Ports ,Shipping and Waterways, Shri Sarbananda Sonowal inaugurated ‘Nikarshan Sadan’ – The DCI (Dredging Corporation of India) Dredging Museum in Vishakhapatnam recently.
- The museum will display different types of models of dredgers, vintage photos & historical milestones of DCI.
- DCI is celebrating 45 years of rendering dedicated dredging services to the Nation in 2022.
- Shri Sarbananda Sonowal also inaugurated Centre of Excellence in Maritime and Shipbuilding (CEMS) in Vishakhapatnam.
- CEMA is a skill development facility to provide opportunities for the youth to enhance their skills thereby improving employability and be industry-ready.
What is Dredging?
Dredging is the process of removing silt and other unwanted materials from the floor of any ocean body and disposing of them at some other site.
Points to Remember:
- Nikarshan Sadan is a Dredging Museum inaugurated in which city?
- The process of removing the sediment from a water body is known as _______ ?Dredging
- Sarbananda Sonowal is also the Union Minister of AYUSH