World Bank Projects Indian Economy to grow at 6.3% in FY24
- The World Bank has projected India’s GDP (Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth at 6.3 percent for FY2023-24, in its latest India Development Update (IDU).
- The IDU is World Bank’s flagship half yearly report on the Indian economy.
- The report states that despite significant global challenges, India was one of the fastest-growing major economies in FY22/23 at 7.2%.
- India’s growth rate was the second highest among G20 countries and almost twice the average for emerging market economies.
Points to Remember:
- India’s GDP in FY24 as per World Bank?
- The India Development Update (IDU) report is released by which organisation?