Former RBI Guv Urjit Patel steps down as Independent Director of Britannia Industries Limited
- The former Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Governor Urjit Patel has tendered his resignation from the post of non-executive and independent director of Britannia Industries Limited with effect from January 31, 2022.
- The reason behind stepping down is attendant time constraint, due to his full-time work assignment at AIIB, starting from February 01, 2022.
- It must be noted that Mr Patel has been appointed as vice president at the Beijing-based Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB), for investment operations in South Asia, effective from February 01, 2022.
- He was appointed on Britannia board in March 2021 for a period of five years.
- Urjit Patel was the 24th governor of RBI.
- Britannia Industries Limited is an Indian food industry company and part of the Wadia Group. Its head is Nusli Wadia and headquarter is at Bengaluru.
Points to Remember:
- Urjit Patel has resigned as the non-executive and independent director of which company?
- Which Indian economist has resigned as the non-executive and independent director of Britannia Industries Limited?
Source: Money Control